The 2020 Bermuda Tech Summit, taking place online for the first time this year from October 14-16 as part of Bermuda Tech Week, has revealed its line-up of industry experts and speakers.
Bermuda’s Premier David Burt, JP, MP will open the summit with Chamath Palihapitiya, Founder and CEO of Social Capital, an organisation focused on advancing humanity by investing in entrepreneurs who seek to improve the lives of the people around them. The conversation will be moderated by Clifton Leaf, Editor-in-Chief of Fortune magazine, who is well-versed in global business trends and tech innovation. The Premier will also discuss the implications of global tech trends with Bittrex Global’s COO and CFO, Stephen Stonberg.
“2020 is a year of innovation for everyone, and I am eager to speak with business leaders about how their organisations have responded during this pandemic and creatively adapted to the changing business landscape,” Premier Burt said. “Bermuda has always been at the forefront of emerging business trends, and it is fitting that our island will be leading the conversation on digital transformation amidst a pivotal moment for businesses worldwide.”
Tech titan Hasso Plattner, Co-Founder and Chairman of SAP and Founder of the Hasso Plattner Institute, will be featured as a keynote speaker. Mr. Plattner will share his thoughts on the current technological landscape and what lessons we can learn for the future.
Under the theme of Digital Transformation, the summit will explore the ways businesses and industries are transforming as a result of technological disruption and the accelerated pace of change caused by COVID-19. Engaging panel discussions and in-depth conversations will take place from 10am to 3:30pm ADT each day.
Roland Andy Burrows, CEO of the Bermuda Business Development Agency, said: “We are thrilled to bring together a diverse group of innovative business leaders who can discuss their experiences, the ways they are using digital technologies to foster growth and development and their perspectives on what the future holds.”
The speaker line-up includes:
- Jeremy Allaire, Co-Founder, Chair, and CEO, Circle
- Tom Allason, Founder and CEO, Residently
- Steffan Antonas, Design Director, Carter-Edwards
- Henri Arslanian, Global Crypto Leader, PwC
- Atanu Basu, CEO and President, Ayata
- Philippe Bekhazi, CEO, Stablehouse
- Dr. Phil Budden, Senior Lecturer at MIT Sloan School of Management for Technology, Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Strategy; Board Member at Innovation Underwriters
- Michael J. Casey, Chief Content Officer, CoinDesk
- Lydia Dickens, Managing Director, Conci
- Chris Evans, Co-Founder of Flyt; tech investor
- Moad Fahmi, Senior Advisor, Fintech, Bermuda Monetary Authority
- J. Gdanski, CEO and Founder, Evertas
- Vinay Gupta, Founder and CEO, Mattereum
- John Hele, COO and President, Resolution Life
- Yusuf Hussain, Head of Risk, Gemini
- James Knox, Managing Director, Regional Telecommunications and Technology Practice Leader, Aon
- Thomas Lee, Managing Partner and Head of Research, Fundstrat Global Advisors
- Blair Lilford, Founder/Owner, SALT Technology Group
- Nathan McCauley, Co-Founder and CEO, Anchorage
- Alexander McD White, Privacy Commissioner, Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Bermuda
- Natalie Neto, Partner, Walkers Bermuda
- Susan Pateras, COO, Liberty Specialty Markets; BDA board member
- Kim Perdikou, Board Director, CyberArk Software; Chair, REBBL; Chair, The @ company; Board Director, Trunomi
- Denis Pitcher, Chief Fintech Advisor to Bermuda’s Premier
- Kapil Rathi, Co-Founder and CEO, CrossTower
- Jill Richmond, Co-Founder and Chief Revenue Officer, Jewel
- Sandra Ro, CEO, Global Blockchain Business Council
- Dan Roberts, Co-Founder and CEO, Nayms
- Massimo Scalabrini, Partner, Calyx Private Office
- Brian Sewell, Founder, Rockwell Capital
- Abbie Sheppard, Chief of Staff to COO, Cameo
- David Shrier, Futurist and Associate Fellow, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- Charlie Sidoti, Executive Director, Innovation Underwriters
- Stan Stalnaker, Chief Strategy Officer and Founding Director, Hub Culture
- Victoria Thompson, Group Head of Innovation Legal, Barclays
- Sheila Warren, Head of Blockchain, Data, and Digital Assets, World Economic Forum and Member of the Executive Committee
- Cynthia Hardy Young, Founder, Pivot Global Partners
- Raymond Zenkich, President and COO, Evertas Insurance Ltd.
- Joe Ziolkowski, CEO, Relm Insurance Ltd.
The Global Blockchain Business Council (GBBC), the leading industry association for the blockchain technology ecosystem, and Hub Culture, a social networking service at the forefront of innovation, have both partnered with the Summit as agenda contributors to provide their expertise and insights into global trends.
Sandra Ro, Chief Executive Officer of the GBBC, noted Bermuda’s pioneering work in the area of digital assets: “As a leading innovator in digital assets and blockchain technology, Bermuda is trailblazing a compelling environment for entrepreneurs to grow their businesses. The Global Blockchain Business Council is proud to partner with the Bermuda Business Development Agency on this essential technology summit.”
Event sponsors include Appleby, Bittrex Global, CrossTower, Gosling’s, Jewel Bank, SALT Technology Group, Stablehouse, Walkers and XBTO.
For more information and to register for the 2020 Bermuda Tech Summit, click here.