FINTECH.TV, the leading media technology platform for digital and impact investment thought leadership content with a reach of 850M households globally through their online and broadcasting partners, announced today its collaboration with Emmy Award-winning journalist and pioneering media executive Pat Mitchell for the launch of Dangerous Women: Leading Onward. Hosted by Mitchell, this global interview series will go in-depth with awe-inspiring women who have changed the world. From technology mavens, barrier breaking feminists to leading experts in media, science, climate, sustainability, and impact investing, Dangerous Women: Leading Onward conversations highlight the extraordinary resilience and innovation of these illustrious women and presents their insights on moving progress forward. The Dangerous Women: Leading Onward premiere episode featuring Thandie Newton debuts today, Friday, March 5, on FINTECH.TV. Episodes to follow will feature Christiane Amanpour, Gloria Steinem, Cheryl Dorsey, and Jacki Zehner.
The special series features an esteemed lineup of courageous, prominent, and badass women, including:
- Thandie Newton, Emmy and BAFTA-winning Actress, Activist & Philanthropist (premiering Friday, March 5 on FINTECH.TV & CNBC Africa)
- Christiane Amanpour, CNN’s Chief International Anchor. Host of CNN International and PBS’s Amanpour & Company (premiering Tuesday, March 9 on FINTECH.TV & CNBC Arabia)
- Gloria Steinem, Political Activist & Feminist Organize (premiering Saturday, March 13 on FINTECH.TV & Times Now India)
- Cheryl Dorsey, President, Echoing Green
- V, formerly Eve Ensler, Tony Award-winning playwright, activist, performer, and author of the Obie award-winning theatrical phenomenon “The Vagina Monologues“
- Yang Lan, Founder of Sun Media Group and Sun Culture Foundation, Journalist and Media Entrepreneur
- Jacki Zehner, President of The Jacquelyn and Gregory Zehner Foundation
- Jacqueline Novagratz, CEO, Acumen
- Mia Birdsong, Pathfinder, Activist, Storyteller
- Catalina Escobar, Founder, CEO, Juanfe Foundation, Bogota, Colombia.
- Additional names to be announced.
In addition to streaming on FINTECH.TV, Dangerous Women: Leading Onward will be broadcast globally on Times Now India, CNBC Arabia, CNBC Africa. A special is also planned to air on Bloomberg USA and UK editions.
“I am passionately committed to optimizing every platform and opportunity to elevate women’s stories, ideas, and accomplishments, and the invitation to curate and host a series on this exciting new global platform, Fintech.TV, is irresistible,” said Mitchell. “Our vision for Dangerous Women: Leading Onward is to inform and inspire through conversation with some of the world’s most influential and interesting women; to share personal stories and professional accomplishments that model ways to invest time and resources for greater impact—to move onward towards a more just, sustainable, and equitable world.”
“Pat Mitchell has been a mentor to me and champion of women throughout her illustrious career. Her support to women founders like me globally will always be counted as one of her many legacies. FINTECH.TV is honored to partner with Pat to bring conversations with such path-breakers to our global audiences of financial leaders, family offices, and especially our young audiences who are ready to learn, imbibe and rule,” said Kavita Gupta, co-founder and CSO of FINTECH.TV.
“Pat Mitchell is a beacon of leadership and courageous vulnerability. She is the epitome of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality — an inspiration and empowering force not only for all women and girls, but also for boys, men and the global business world,” said Vince Molinari, CEO of FINTECH.TV.
Dangerous Women: Leading Onward marks Mitchell’s return to the anchor chair after 15 years. As host, Mitchell will expand on her commitment to connect and strengthen the global community of women leaders.
Dangerous Women: Leading Onward is the latest series to launch as part of FINTECH.TV’s impact programming slate. It recently launched Faces of Race with Roy Wood Jr and plans to roll out two additional series.